Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What should I write today?
Today I don't have much to say...

Today I was reading some articles on the internet about logic.

I had a vague recollection about the subject from my college days, but I needed some refreshing.

I wanted to review logic because I found some articles about gout that are quite contradictory. Is all medical literature contradictory and illogical?? I have a feeling they are, since only mathematicians bother to study logic.
Logic is considered a branch of mathematics, so most of it is written for mathematicians by mathematicians.

What is the relationship between gout and hyperuricemia? One website says hyperuricemia is the CAUSE of gout, but then, on the same article it states that "gout occurs, however, nearly half of the time without hyperuricemia", and "most people with raised uric acid levels never develop gout".... It sounds contradictory!!

And what is the definition of hyperuricemia?? "Hyperuricemia is defined as a plasma urate level greater than 420 μmol/L (7.0 mg/dL) in males and 360 μmol/L (6.0 mg/dL) in females." Where do these numbers come from??

My idea is that the normal level of uric acid in the blood could be slightly different from person to person.

But I am done with it. I really should be reading something else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was writing a series of Japanese lessons for Brazilian people, but at least for now, there  has been very few views...  As far as I know only one person is reading those lessons. And my revenue from  Adsense is not improving, so I am not sure if I should continue writing those lessons. No money, no work, unhappily...

No comments:

Post a Comment