Monday, November 1, 2010

what I did today

October 31st, 2010

I wrote in a previous blog that it is not a good idea to be random and here I am contradicting myself and writing a random blog.
Sorry, it seems I don't have much interesting things to say.

This morning I went to the gym, and ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then more 30 minutes. The treadmill is the only machine that I use actually, there are a lot of machines in the gym, but the only one I am  interested is the treadmill, because running seems to be the most efficient exercise, and if I want to keep in shape running seems to be the best way, especially after the doctor told me I am overweight, with blood sugar levels too high. I love candies and cakes, and coffee and coke, all with lots of sugar. Sugar is killing me.

What is the best way to exercise?
I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 10 km/h. Well, I should have made 5 kilometers, but for some reason the actual distance run was a little shorter than that, maybe because of the acceleration, I don't know.
10 km/h is a very comfortable velocity for me, not too fast, not too slow, just right. But then I pushed my limits and tried 11 km/h. I can run at 11 for some time, but it is somewhat uncomfortable.
Because of gym regulations, we can only use the treadmills for 30 minutes at a time, because the treadmill is a very popular machine, there is always people waiting in line to use them.
If I ran for 10 km/h it would take me more than 4 hours to run a marathon. Surely 10 km/h is too slow.
But what velocity would be acceptable for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment